Being a mom is the best thing in the world, but it has definitely changed my workouts quite a bit. While I used to be busy with school and work, I was only responsible for taking care of myself. This made it easy for me to get up early in the morning and head to the gym with Chanse or simply by myself. Now that Rosalie is here, this definitely isn't the case. Chanse and I now have to split our workout time in the mornings before I take him to school, which means two things:
1. I have to get up SUPER early
2. I don't have as much time to workout at the gym
Here is an example of what my mornings are like:
(This was yesterday)
- 4:00 am- Wake up to nurse Rosalie for about 30 minutes and put her back to bed
- 5:00 am- my alarm goes off and I can't resist pressing the 8 minute snooze button
- 5:08 am- I try to talk myself into staying in bed, but none of my excuses are any good, and I drag myself out of bed
- 5:35 am- get to the gym
- 5:40 am- short warm up on the treadmill and then a 3 mile run
- 6:15 am- lift my arms (I am still working on getting better at strength training)
- 6:35 am- head back to the house
The rest of my morning consisted of taking a shower, packing Chanse's lunch, saying good morning to Rosalie, changing her diaper, feeding her, taking Chanse to school, and then running multiple errands.
Yesterday morning I was able to workout for about an hour, but this doesn't always happen. Sometimes Rosalie wakes up right before I leave, and I end up only having about half an hour before I have to get home so Chanse can go to the gym. I am at the point right now where I am happy to even get to the gym. And if I end up taking Rosalie on a walk during the day, or doing an ab workout or some free weights at home, then great, but this doesn't always happen either. Right now the key for me is to try and get to the gym 4-5 days a week, and get the best workout I can.
Being a mom is my number one priority, but my workouts are what help to keep me sane. They are my me time, they give me more energy during the day, and they help me to be a better mom :)
*How do you find time to workout?
P.S. Don't forget to enter the Green Scene Mom Fall Awards Giveaway!